Monday, June 10, 2013

Confession

It is 12:30 and we are all still in our pajamas. This is partially because it is laundry day and partially because I am totally lazy it is the first real hot day since we moved to Colorado and I have no plans to leave the house. I know I need to get used to the hot, since it is only June and there are a good 3 months of hot in store. But it's a dry heat, they tell me. Whatever. Hot is hot and 60 degrees, sunny and breezy is my perfect weather. I have a million things on my to do list and considering the amount of coffee coursing through my veins I should have most of it done. I have like three things done. Laundry is going, the bills are paid, I actually hung up a couple decorations on my walls, though I don't know if what I have up is how I will keep it. I did take a poll on Facebook on what to do regarding curtains and my laundry closet. You see...I've been thinking hard about what needs to be done! And I did Magic Eraser Margie's masterpiece in orange crayon on the stairway wall. I also found the appropriate homes for most of the toys in what I suppose could be considered the play room, mostly in a mad search for even one of Margie's "byes", which is what she calls her pacis. Don't ask, I have no idea. Margie has a habit of hiding them. Lily had two pacis from about age 1 to 3 and we always knew exactly where both were. Margie, on the other hand, has had more pacis than I can even count. At the moment there are about 5 in the house. It was Lily to the rescue when she found all of them in my shoes in my closet. I suspect the Big Stinker (Lily, not to be confused with Margie, the Little Stinker!)may have known where they were all along because when I asked her to go look upstairs she went up with a recepticle "just in case she found all of them together". A minute later she came down with all of them in said recepticle. I get that she likes watching mommy's head nearly explode, but it isn't very nice to watch her sister in misery. Now the girls are making way too much noise playing with the keyboard and drum machine but at least they are not messing up the house. Though I do feel a headache coming on. Nothing a nice homemade iced mocha can't fix ;)!

No comments: