Thursday, January 17, 2013

{Untitled}

I am home from work today...again. The girls' doctor visit on Monday and my client visit on Tuesday {my clients are hospitals} was apparently enough exposure to the nastiness going around to take me down. I thought it was the flu, but so far just major body aches, headache and tight chest have plagued me. And being extra sleepy. And moments of freezing and sweating. But no runny nose, stuffy head, scratchy throat, so who knows. I'll be back at work tomorrow. I don't have time for this not feeling well crap and since I am less convinced I do indeed have the flu, I no longer feel like I would be Typhoid Mary heading into the office.

We have been renting our house out since July. Our current renters, half way through their year long lease, are bailing on us. They are losing their security deposit but that's it. I am really frustrated with the whole situation, but I have decided to look at it as an inconvenience, not a problem. My friend from work who has 5 kids and a 37 year old husband starting chemo for the second time because his cancer has come back, she has problems. And yes, I feel like a total ass that it takes seeing someone else's real problems to realize I don't actually have any. Perspective is a necessary slap in the face sometimes.

Margie had her 15 month check up on Monday. She is 21 pounds 13 ounces and in the 50th percentile for weight and 30 inches and in the 40th percentile for height. As she ran around the room in her boots, diaper and necklace and tried to climb on everything, the doctor laughingly said we have no worries about her motor skills. Dr. Becky doesn't know the half of it! Margie had to get three shots. She only cried at the last one and perked up instantly when she saw the doggie band aide. I took Lily in for a flu shot and she was quite a trooper as well. She was excited for her dog band aide as well. She likes being twins with Margie and sweetly picked her out the perfect sticker when it was all done. I love having two girls. The fight (already!!) but are so sweet to each other most of the time.

Matt and I had date night on Saturday night. It was a much needed evening out. We went to my parents' house and they, along with Nee Nee, watched the girls while we went out to dinner and to a movie. We saw Zero Dark Thirty and I would very highly recommend it. We spent the night at my parents', which always feels like a mini vacation. Matt and I have another date this weekend. My cousin is getting married. Lily wanted to set up a special date with just me as well, so Saturday morning I am taking her to the children's museum. She is looking forward to it and so am I. We might even stop at Starbucks for a cake pop for her and latte for me. She has been a bit more clingy lately, so I think this time will be good for us. She probably doesn't seem much different to other people, but I am noticing this subtle change. Not including myself, she has taken the changes of the past 6 months the hardest, particularly me being back at work.

Okay, this was a rather random post, but here you have it. Have a great day!

No comments: