Thursday, January 10, 2013

Random Thoughts

I'm sitting here listening to the rain, and it is heavenly. It is one of those good, steady, heavy rains. We need it. It is a bit strange, usually percipitation in January in Chicago is snow, but we have had an extremely mild winter. It is supposed to be 60 tomorrow. I'm wearing flip flops to work. I'm serious.

I thought I was getting sick last night. I am not a super huge germaphobe worrier, but this flu outbreak has me a bit on edge. I got a flu shot, and I know Margie did, but I can't remember if Lily did. I'm going to have to check on that tomorrow, and if I didn't, I will see if I can take her to get one when I take Margie to her 15 month check up on Monday. Anyway, I was tired and had a headache and just didn't feel well. The woman who sits across from me at work had been out with the flu. Turns out, I was likely just tired from staying up too late too many nights in a row watching Downton Abbey. I went to bed early (for me) last night and Margie even did me the favor of sleeping until 4 am. That is huge!! I slept so well until she woke up. Of course, once she was up, she was fussy and crying and wouldn't settle in our bed for over an hour. She finally fell asleep and I was able to get back to sleep just in time for my alarm to go off. I must have hit snooze 5 times because when I woke up it was 6:20 and I had to be out the door in 20 minutes. I am so glad I shower at night!

I would really like to live abroad. I am not sure where, but it just seems so exotic. Europe would be cool, but I would also love Asia or Central America. Or Africa. Or even the Middle East. Of course, I have only ever been out of the country on my honeymoon, so I probably have no real idea what it would be like. I would love for my little ladies to be immersed in another culture for a bit. My dream wouldn't be to permanently live elsewhere, but maybe live in Africa for a year and Peru for a year and Ireland for a year and Costa Rica for a year and Vietnam for a year and Turkey for a year. I doubt I will even travel to any of those places, but a girl can dream.

My camera is broken. Actually, I think it is just the lens, and do have another one, but it makes me sad. I haven't touched my camera much lately, but I have an itch to use it, so it figures it isn't working properly. The store I bought it at is out of business and one other place sends them out to the tune of at least $300. Matt came across a little local shop, so I will have to give them a call.

I think I am going blonde again. My hair has been my natural color for the past 4 years, but I am ready for a change. Plus, blonde hides gray so much better.

Okay, boring random thoughts, but I am off to bed. I have a bit of a headache and I really need to get some sleep.



No comments: