Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Love

I was sitting at work today, listening to Pandora on my iPhone when Mumford and Sons came on (not surprising since it was the Mumford and Sons station) and thinking how much I love Mumford and Sons. And then I thought about all the things I love, so why not make a list. These are my totally shallow, materialistic loves. Obviously my real loves are my little ladies, my husband, my family, my friends.

1. Painting my nails. I am way too cheap and don't really have time to get a proper manicure, but that's okay because I don't really want one. I have a great collection of nail polish (mostly Essie, LOVE Essie) and I paint them at least once a week. I don't do designs or anything, but I do paint them all different colors. I spent most of my life as a nail biter, and now that I have {mostly} kicked that habit I love for my nails to look pretty.

2. Mumford and Sons. My new all time favorite band. I haven't head even one song that I thought was only eh.

3. Pandora. I love listening to music, especially at work. And, you guessed it, I almost always listen to the Mumford and Sons station. The variety is great and I love when it throws old school DMB or Rusted Root in the mix.

4. Downton Abbey. After Facebook exploded on Sunday with people giddy beyond belief about the season 3 premiere, I figured I might as well check it out. I was so happy to find season 1 streaming on Netflix and hear I can find season 2 on Hulu. And then catch up with season 3 On Demand (I hope!) Anyway, I love this show! It is amazing! If you haven't checked it out, I would highly recommend it.

5. Les Miserables. The musical, but also the new movie. Amazing. It was so good.

6. Burts Bees chapstick. I love the original, but I got a mango butter one for Christmas and I might even like it better.

7. Real, full fat half and half in my coffee. None of that low fat or fat free crap. I want the real deal. I have evolved in my coffee drinking (I like to think I have matured - ha!) I still occassionally like the flavored creamer, but I no longer add any sweetener. Mostly I just like half and half, and a decent amount of it. Real cream is even better, but I can't justify that, so I go with the next best thing.

8. Bare feet. My feet are claustrophobic. I usually walk around the house in bare feet, even in the middle of winter. If I get really chilly I will put slippers on. I absolutely cannot stand sleeping with socks on. And I usually stretch flip flip season way longer than appropriate, especially in Chicago.

9. NPR. It speaks to my inner nerd.

10. Pinterest. If you are on Pinterest, then you know why.

11. Legumes. I love pretty much any bean. Lentils, chickpeas, black beans. Yum!

12. Damn You Auto Correct. I cry I laugh so hard!

13. Cookies. I love cookies. Sadly, we are on a break because I don't love looking like Jabba the Hut.

14. My iPhone. I love my iPhone. It has my calendar on it. I take pictures of my kids with it. I can text, make a phone call, send an email, check Facebook. I can entertain my kid in a restaurant. I can entertain myself. I gave up my iPhone for a couple months and it sucked. I just can't go back!

15. Being cozy. I love snuggling up in blankets, especially the awesome new one my sister got me for Christmas. I love to sleep when it is cool in the house, all snuggled down in a bunch of blankets.

16. Sleeping with the window open. Especially in the spring or fall when there is a nice cool breeze. Heavenly!

There you have it. A couple things I love. What do you love?


No comments: