Monday, March 19, 2012

Margie is 5 Months Old!!


Okay, I am a little late here. Margie was actually 5 months old about two weeks ago, making her now 5 and 1/2 months old. But getting time to blog is hard these days! And I am glad I waited, because a week after her five month birthday she turned into a rolling machine. I don't have any stats on her because we {thankfully} haven't been to the doctor recently. I am guessing she is about 18 pounds. Who knows though?! I do know she wears 6-9 month or 9 month clothes. A couple 6 month outfits still fit her. We have been having some unseasonably warm weather so some summer outfits I have from Lily that I never thought Margie would fit into are actually getting some use.


Margie continues to be a good but all business eater. I guess I am thankful for that because I don't have as much time to spend just nursing as I did when I only had one child. My dreams of a good sleeper seem to be unfulfilled this time around as well. Margie actually sleeps pretty well at night, only rousing to eat once or twice and then going back to sleep. The caveat, she is still in our bed. I am curious to see how she would do in her crib but reluctant to move her. Most of the time I don't mind, although it would be nice to flop around all I want while I sleep :). She is not really a great napper. She pretty much hates her crib and it is a real battle to get her to take a nap in it. And even if I do get her to fall asleep, if she wakes up she screams and won't go back down, meaning she either only gets an hour at most nap or she sleeps on me on the couch. It is nice to spend the afternoon on the couch, but I get nothing done and poor Lily is left to fend for herself...We are working on it, but I just can't let my babies scream. She has started falling asleep around the same time and waking up about the same time, so my style of letting the baby set the sleep schedule (or my lazy parenting!) seems to have worked.


Margie is super smiley and loves to babble. We got her exersaucer down and she loves to jump in it. She also loves to chew on everything and anything. She doesn't have any teeth yet, but I think soon. She has recently found her toes, which of course go straight into her mouth. As I said, she recently mastered rolling and she rolls all over - when she wants. Mostly she just wants to be held all.the.time!! She loves to watch her big sister and she is starting to sit up if I prop her up.



Margie is just such a great baby. She is so different from Lily as a baby in so many ways, yet at the same time she is very similar. Lily is an awesome big sister and she really is a great help most of the time. I am such a lucky mommy to have two such amazing girls!




1 comment:

Harvesting Joy said...

She is so cute! Good luck with the sleeping. Keagan napped exclusively in my arms until 5 months. Then I read Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child and got him in his bed. The first few days were rough, but it was worth it in the end.