Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Margie is 4 Months Old!


Saturday marked Margie's 4 month birthday. Today we had her well baby check up and shots. I HATE when my kids need shots. I understand the importance of vaccines, but it just breaks my heart watching them get poked. Her stats:
Weight: 16 pounds, 90th percentile
Height: 24 3/4 inches, 90th percentile
Head: 16 1/4 cm, 50th percentile
She is pretty close to Lily's measurements at this age. Lily was 11 ounces heavier and 1/4 inch taller and their heads are the same, which is funny to me because Lily always seemed like she had such a big head but Margie's doesn't seem big. And actually, they both have average size heads. Margie definitely wins in the cheeks department though! She has outgrown almost all her diaper covers and we are ready to size up on her one size diapers. She is almost ready for her medium Fuzzi Bunz as well. She wears 6 month clothes, although I can still fit her in a couple 3-6 month outfits. I have a couple cute 6-9 and 9 month winter outfits from Lily that I was afraid Margie would never fit in but she just might!

Margie is a really good eater although she is all business. She nurses and is done and won't always eat unless she is hungry, which can be a bit of a pain if I want to feed her before we head out somewhere so I don't have to feed her out and about. She is becoming a little bit less of a good sleeper. She sleeps with us (which I know some people say is bad, but it works for us and we are all, for the most part, well rested!) and wakes a few times to eat and goes right back to sleep but I need to work on naps a bit. It isn't really her fault; she has a noisy older sister and also a very active older sister, so between school and ballet and swim lessons we are on the go a lot. My goal is to try to get her on a good afternoon nap schedule. We have between noon and three free almost always, so I want to get her to take a nice nap in her crib about this time each day. We will see. Right now she will fall asleep in her crib pretty easily but if she wakes up she screams her head off and won't go back to sleep, so she doesn't get a very long nap. I think she hates waking up and realizing she is alone. Margie also rolled from her tummy to her back for the first time on Thursday. She hasn't quite mastered going from back to tummy. She is super smiley and loves to coo all the time. She is really starting to watch Lily all the time and she LOVES to chew on her hands, or our hands. She also really likes the teething toy Santa brought her.


Margie is very cuddly and scoots herself right next to me when sleeping. She loves to be in one of the baby carriers and it is about the only time the little squirmy wormy is still. I have started going to the gym a couple of evenings a week. It is great for me, and it is good for Margie to spend some time with Daddy, but Matt often reports she cries a lot. She is such a mama's girl. I don't remember Lily being as clingy. I really love this age though. One of our favorite games is looking in the mirror and she will copy my expression. Lily likes to play as well.

I just love my baby girl!



No comments: