Monday, January 9, 2012

Margie is 3 Months Old!!


Last week Margie turned 3 months old. I say it every month, but I just don't know where the time has gone! Due to illness, we were at the doctor so I know for a fact that she weighed 14 pounds 5 ounces the day before her 3 month birthday. Margie is a great sleeper still, getting up to nurse at night but going right back to sleep. She still doesn't have real nap schedule, but basically sleeps when she wants, anywhere, any time. She prefers her bouncy seat or the Beco, and sometimes her swing. If I put her down in her crib or our bed she sleeps well but wakes up screaming, like why the heck am I alone?

Margie is a pretty good eater, and much like her sister, she is a puker. After every feeding she spits up all over herself and me. We go through a lot of burb clothes. It doesn't bother her though, so I guess I have another happy spitter.
Margie wears pretty much all 6 month clothes and wears cloth diapers full time, as she has for the past two months. I am so happy to cloth diaper my babies. Weird, maybe, but I enjoy it.
Margie is generally a very happy baby. She is super smiley all the time and loves to laugh and babble. She loves to chew on her hands and has found her thumb. I think she may ditch the paci soon in favor of her thumb, just as soon as she can find it more regularly! She is very cuddly and loves to hang out in her Beco. She is very squirmy when you hold her - we call her squirmy wormy - but in her carrier she is just so chilled out. We took a walk the other day and she rode and napped the whole way, just happy as could be! She loves to watch Lily playing and I know she just can't wait to get up and follow her around.




Just before Christmas Lily brought home a little cold from school. We all ended up sick, three of us over Christmas, and Margie was the worst. She had RSV and bronchiolitis, which caused her to wheeze a lot. We treated her with a nebulizer, but it didn't do much, so we were back to the doctor's a week later and left with a prescription for Prednisone. I have love-hate feelings about Prednisone! First of all, it was very hard to give it to her. She cried and spit a lot of it out. At least it seemed she did. She is also a drooling monster lately! It give her flushed cheeks. It made her irritable. I am pretty sure it upset her tummy. The poor baby didn't know she was sick until we gave the medicine to make her better. However, it did clear up the wheezing, so I guess it was good afterall.


Margie is just the sweetest baby and we are so blessed to have her as part of our family! My two girls are the greatest!

No comments: