Friday, September 17, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday...Friday Edition

Welcome to Random Thoughts Thursday...Friday Edition. Yesterday was one insane day in mi casa, so I didn't get a chance to blog. Such is life sometimes. Here we go!

- I love fall weather. I love cool, blustery days and crisp evenings. I like to wear jeans and sweaters and sweatshirts. I think I am trying to rush that kind of weather this year and mother nature is revolting. To make her point, every time I wear a sweatshirt, I inevitably end up sweating my butt off. It should be noted that if I am wearing a sweatshirt I will 100% of the time be wearing my holiest, most pit stained, nastiest or otherwise inappropriate t-shirt underneath, removing any option of taking off the sweatshirt.
- No matter what Lily tells me she wants for breakfast, when I put it in front of her she will refuse to eat it and ask for something else.
- My battles with Lily eating have nothing to do with her being a picky eater that doesn't like a certain food and everything to do with her asserting her stubbornness.
- I have no idea where she gets her stubbornness. Ha!
- I love the sound of geese flying overhead honking.
- I have dragged my butt out of bed before 8 every day this week. Sometimes I have even dragged my butt out of bed before Lily gets up. It is my new goal...to be out of bed by 8. I aim to be out of bed by 7:30, but I won't beat myself up about getting up at 7:59 as long as I am out of bed by 8.
- I must make my bed every day! There are months worth of dust on every surface in my house and my tub needs a scrubbing, but my bed will be made every.single.day.
- We have our first lost library book. I am devastated by this because I try so hard to keep track of all our library books and keep them separate from our other books. I am sure it will turn up, but for now it is really bugging me.
- I joined another mom's group, called Hannah Circle, at the church we sometimes attend. On our way there on Monday morning, Lily excitedly told me it was her first day of school. It was both adorable and heartbreaking because I don't want to think about my baby going to school yet.


No comments: