Monday, March 22, 2010

Sunday Nights

Every week it is the same thing. Sunday nights are always the same. No, I am not talking about some fun family event like going over to Grandma's for dinner or anything like that. I am talking about sleep. Or, more accurately, lack of sleep. For some reason, no matter what the circumstances of the day, I cannot sleep on Sunday nights. It doesn't matter what time I try to go to bed or whether or not I have been super busy all day. This goes back to my working days too. Sunday night I go to bed and toss and turn. I just can't fall asleep. I hear every little noise, which keeps me up. The dogs and Matt snore more loudly on Sunday nights than any other night of the week. The house creaks more on Sunday nights. And on the outside chance I do actually fall asleep before 1 am, I am up constantly and have a hard time going back to sleep. Even if I fall asleep really late, I still wake up a bunch of times. And while I don't sleep like a baby every night (probably because I still have a baby, err, almost two year old!) I never have as many problems as Sunday nights. As if Mondays aren't hard enough, I get to face them groggy and bleary eyed. Awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps a glass of wine would help!!! I dispise sleepless nights!!!