Monday, October 12, 2009

Not Me Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I have been reading this fabulous blog for some time now. Thanks Kelly! I am totally hooked! (BTW - I am not thanking myself, believe it or not I have a friend named Kelly, actually a couple that share my name!) Anyway, I have been reading My Charming Kids for quite some time. This chica cracks me up. Seriously, I am practically peeing my pants reading some of her posts, particularly her Not Me Monday posts. Which got me thinking...I do questionable things on a daily basis that most other mommies would totally get, if not at least appreciate the humor of. So I decided to give it a go. I am not promising that this will be a regular feature, but I am going to try to make it because at the very least it will get me blogging with a little more regularity!

So, without further ado (someone check my spelling on that!), I give you my first installment of Not Me Monday!

I have never driven home, all gross and sweaty, from a killer cardio kickboxing class and decided to swing through Starbucks for a venti pumpkin spice frappachino. Nope, not me! I cherish every single one of those calories I worked my butt to burn off and would never replace them with empty sugar and caffeine before the sweat has even dried! And while we are on the topic of things I don't eat, I should add I never finish the last couple chicken nuggets from Chickie's happy meal after she has finished. I am perfectly satisfied with my own overly indulgent portion and would never think of eating another nugget. And I never sit and read the previous few sentences and then wonder why my butt is growing up my back. Nope, not me!

I never let my child watch just one more show on PBS because I want to catch up on a few blogs or play on Facebook. Nope, I sit and play and read and color with my daughter all day long. I never use the TV for a moment of peace.

I never let my daughter win battles just because it is easier to not fight with an 18 month old on things such as wearing a bib or leaving the paci in her crib. Nope, I am modeling and instructing her in good behavior and etiquette always.

Alright, there you have it. Not very exciting, I know. And pretty much none of those are from the past week. Chickie has been sick, so she got to do whatever she wanted lest she get upset and start crying and thus start coughing and wheezing. And please, please - if anything is truly abhorrent behavior on my part as a mother, give me a heads up before calling DCFS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those are great 'not-me's'!!!!! i've also wanted to do one of these posts but have just never gotten around to it. way to go on nailing it for your first time. and since you brought it up...i would never let Owen watch TV so i could get a little peace and quiet either! nope, not me!!!