Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Wisconsin State Fair

We (my family) have been going to the Wisconsin State Fair for about a million years. In the almost 30 years of my life, I think I can count the number of times we have NOT gone on one hand. Last year, we introduced Lily (you can read about it here). We went again this year, minus Aunt Nee Nee who couldn't make it. And let me tell you, the fair with a toddler is a blast! Our first stop was the animals. Lily had a great time looking at the goats, pigs, horses, and especially the moos. That is cows for those who don't speak toddler. She also enjoyed looking at the baby ducks and chicks.


We hit the convention center where all the vendors were, which also happens to be nice and air conditioned, just in time for an afternoon nap. It worked out perfectly - she slept the entire time we were in it. After spending the better part of the day in the stroller though, my little girl needed to stretch her legs. We headed over to the DNR (Department of Natural Resources) exhibit and Lily was able to run around and stretch her legs. Unfortunately we missed the t-shirt painting by a mere half hour. I was devastated - no joke!
Our last must do of the day was the big slide. We always always always used to go down the slide. And in a time before cell phones, if we got separated, the slide was where we would meet. Now that I think about it, I am not sure if that ever
happened...


Lily was rather unimpressed, but I still had a blast. And while so many things at the fair are different from when I was younger, a ride down the slide still only costs $2!



We had a great time and I can't wait until next year!

No comments: