Monday, March 25, 2013

FIVE!!!


Happy Birthday Lily Kathleen! You are five today! I can hardly believe it. It seems like just yesterday you made me a mommy, but I can't even remember what life was like before you were born. You have brought so much joy and laughter into my life. Everyday is challenging and wonderful and I am so blessed to be your mommy.


I won't lie - four has been a rough year. There have been a lot of changes and I know they have been hard on you. My going back to work has been the hardest on both of us. But I promise that five holds wonderful thing! We have so many adventures ahead of us and I can't wait! You will be starting kindergarten and we will be moving into a new house. You will be learning new things and making new friends.

You are such an amazing kid! You are creative and sensitive and intuitive and so stubborn. You are so smart and so funny and you never cease to amaze me with the things that come out of your mouth. You love to sing and make up your own songs. You love to play with your stuffed animals. You aren't so much into dolls and babies, but you love your stuffed animals and some of you little action figures. You current favorites are Ghost Busters and Star Wars, to you daddy's delight. We went to Build a Bear today and you created a Star Wars leopard (aptly named Jedi Leopard!), complete with light sabar and playing the Star Wars theme. At Toys R Us you picked out a light saber and Ghost Busters action figures. They fit perfectly with your Star Wars-Pirate-Ghost Busters-Princess themed birthday party. For dinner you asked for Swedish meatballs. Meatballs and noodles are your favorite foods ever! You are not big on breakfast and you tend to be a night owl. You love your daddy and sister with all your heart, and I think you are pretty fond of me as well. Sometimes you definitely just need some time alone with me, which makes me feel so good to be needed! I always used to think of you as outgoing and an extrovert, but I am learning that you are really an introvert. You are so observant and you pick up on everything.

Lily, you made me a mommy and I love you so much! Happy birthday Chickie!



No comments: