We love to read in our house. I should say Lily and I love to read. Matt has been reading more lately, but he certainly doesn't devour a book the way I do. Of course, he tends toward historical non fiction, which is a bit harder to just fly through. Anyway, this year I decided to go through some of the classics. In my queue at the library are Wuthering Heights, Emma, Mansfield Park, Pride and Prejudice, and Sense and Sensibility. Once I work through these, I will decide on another vein of "the classics". Any suggestions?
Anyway, in no particular order, here are my top 10 all time favorite books:
1) Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry (the whole series is great!)
2) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (not included in my above because it is already sitting on my night stand)
3) Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder (actually, I really like all the Little House books and can't wait until Lily is old enough for us to read them!)
4) A Time to Kill by John Grisham (his first book and in my opinion his best, though I enjoy most of his books)
5) Stones into Schools by Greg Mortensen. This is the follow up to Three Cups of Tea, which is also excellent.
6) Better Times Than These by Winston Groom (the author of Forrest Gump)
7) A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway. Hemingway is a toughy to read, but just an amazing author. In fact, I think I am going to add For Whom the Bell Tolls to my to read list this year. I have gotten about halfway through it, but never finished it, which is quite unlike me.
8) East of Eden by John Steinbeck
9) The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
10) The Help by Kathryn Stockett
What about you? What are your favorites?