Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas Eve

This year we spent Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family. We always do a food/drink theme and wear our jammies. This year the theme was Mexican. We had sooo much food. There was a couple different kinds of salsa, guacamole, chorizo and artichoke quesidillas, posole, tamales, beef, chorizo and broiled tilapia for tacos, beans (my contribution), churros, cookies, a tres leches cake (me again!) and margaritas. I am sure I am forgetting something. Everyone contributed and everything was made from scratch. Since we weren't going to be seeing my parents and sisters on Christmas, we exchanged gifts with them. We also had a pinata, which Lily named Piotee (pronounced pie-yah-tee!) We did our normal Yankee Trader game. Everyone was totally stuffed and we just had so much fun hanging out!

Lily riding Piotee. He was filled with candy and little booze bottles!


Grandpa Tom got Lily "The Night Before Christmas". It was really cool because his voice is recorded in it, so it is like he is there reading it to her!


Lily received a lot of princess stuff! She was in heaven!


She got a princess castle (aka pop up tent) from my parents. Here she is in it with Daddy!


At first she was a little sad and confused as to why we were all hitting her new BFF, but she quickly got over it when he spilled candy all over the floor.

No comments: