Monday, August 30, 2010

My Day Today - This Week's Edition

It is only 2 pm on Monday, but I can say that this week has already been more productive than last week! I am still not 100% better. In fact, I am pretty sure that in addition to my bronchitis, I now have a sinus infection. Why the antibiotic allowed this to happen, I am not sure. But I would bet the proverbial farm that I have a sinus infection. Those who have also suffered from them know...when you have one, you just know! Anyway...my day:

8:00 - Matt brings Lily in to our room, his subtle way of saying get your lazy backside out of bed. Chickie and I read stories for about 20 minutes. It is a nice way to wake up...cuddling and reading to my favorite gal.

8:20 - Check email and facebook.

8:30 - Make Lily breakfast. Blueberry pancakes and eggs. I am awesome already because I actually made her a breakfast that resembles, well, breakfast!

9:00 - Get us ready for errands. I must accomplish a few things today. We head over to the church to do a couple MOPS things. Then we hit Starbucks because a little birdie told me Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back. Yeehaw! This day is gonna rock! I enjoy my Pumpkin Spice Frappachino (because it is 90...I much prefer the warm lattes, but hello! a little too warm for hot coffee!) on the way to the bank. Make my deposit and it is time to head to the grocery store. I actually have a list and solid menu plan this week. My final bill is quite painful because I haven't done a good grocery shopping in a couple weeks. Also this week just happens to be the week we need dog food, toilet paper, and diapers! And yes, I did use cloth. For over two years. But Lily outgrew the cloth diapers, and since I was so sure she would be potty training any minute, I decided to switch to sposies rather than buy a bunch of larger sized diapers. Of course, she only has intermittent interest in using the potty, so my idea that it would be more cost effective to use sposies has probably bitten me in the arse. But either way, I still saved a boatload of money by doing cloth for as long as I did.

12:00 - Home from running errands. I turn on the boob tube so I can put away my groceries in peace. I also hit up FB to share my dog-food-toilet-paper-diaper misery with anyone unfortunate enough to friend me. Others can empathize.

1:00 - I realize I haven't fed Chickie lunch. Oops. I feed her a meal of left over chicken, watermelon and a smoothie. She barely picks at it. I eat some left over chicken, quinoa, and smoothie.

1:30 - Put Chickie down for a nap and clean up the kitchen. Start the dishwasher, change around a load of wash, and think about putting the sheets back on the bed. Decide to put that off for now and blog.

So there you are! I already feel as if this day is off to a good start. I am going to watch The Cove, which I recorded last night. I will continue doing laundry. The bathroom really needs to be cleaned. And vacuuming! I must vacuum, though that will have to wait until Chickie gets up. My floor is one moving sea of dog hair. Ick! I am making not one, but two kinds of soup for dinner. We will eat one, and the other will go into the freezer for a quick meal at a later date. I was hoping to go to my yoga class, which I have missed the past two weeks, but I don't think that will happen. Just going from sitting to standing creates such a pressure change in my head, I am sure downward facing dog wouldn't do me any favors!

So that is my Monday! What's yours look like?

No comments: