Thursday, July 9, 2009

One of Those Days

Today has been one of those days. One melt down after another. Battles during meal time, diaper changes, getting into the carseat. One of those days that makes me think I am not cut out for this mothering thing. For raising a child into a caring and considerate adult. I mean, I am just trying to survive today! It doesn't help that I am on my own while the hubs is on a much deserved boys weekend. I try to tell myself that Chickie is still off kilter from the holiday weekend. Possibly. Or that spending an hour in childcare while I am at the gym may be confusing to her - although she seems to love it and not even notice when I leave. But the truth - the honest to God truth - is that she is a toddler and I am ill-equipped to handle tantrums. I still throw tantrums myself. Just ask my husband.
So while I have all kinds of exciting things to blog about like the 4th of July, our canoe trip from two weeks ago, and a re-cap of how my month of me went, that will have to wait until tomorrow. Or the next day. Or whenever I don't feel too drained to do much more than veg in front of the boob tube once I put Chickie down. Which has also been a struggle all week. And all the cute pictures I have been taking...well they are still on my camera. But I promise, promise, PROMISE to have some new pictures up soon. And to not be so whiny in my next post. Until then, I will just drown my sorrows in Weight Watcher ice cream products and settle in to watch some Bones.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh my, do I know EXACTLY how you feel! I mean, exactly. When my little guy has those days (and he has many), all I can do is hope and pray for bedtime to come soon, then hope and pray that the next morning he wakes up on the right side of the crib and is in a good mood.

And my son loves the childcare at my gym, too. Except I don't work out. I go sit by the pool for an hour, then take a nice, quiet shower. Even if it's in a tiny gym locker room. He gets to play, and I get some recharge time. It's nice.

Anonymous said...

oh boy do i ever know how you feel!!!! hang in there, Kelly! it does get better and remember...this too shall pass!