Thursday, July 16, 2009

The 4th

The 3rd of July


enjoying some ribs at Ribfest - don't let the overcast background fool you...I forgot the sunscreen and Chickie looked like a lobster. bad mommy! if it is any consolation, I looked like a raccoon.


mmmm - ice cream

after we left Ribfest, we headed home and Chickie took a nap and hubs and I rinsed off all the gooey sticky bbq-ness in the pool...ahem, we took a refreshing dip in the pool.

we then headed over to a friends for a bbq and walked to a park near their house for fireworks. Chickie loved them, alternately saying "oohh!" "cool" and "bubbles". however, she was bored by the end.

the 4th dawned rainy and icky and cool. we headed to walmart, cuz what is more american than shopping at walmart? we eventually headed over to my inlaws for some pizza and then on to the fireworks.

/>


this is how chickie enjoyed fireworks on the 4th


me and hubs, a little out of focus

No comments: