Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Past Couple Days...

...have been pretty darn good! On Saturday Matt and I had a date day. We dropped the kiddo off at my in-laws and headed out to lunch. We then walked around downtown N-ville and ran a couple less exciting errands, but ones that took substantially less time not having to strap and unstrap a squirmy toddler in and out of a car seat. We picked up Lily and headed out to dinner with Matt's parents to an awesome German restraunt that we love.

Sunday we went for a bike ride. A very long bike ride. Okay, the ride isn't really any longer than our usual route, but towing a bike trailer and toddler behind sure makes it feel longer. I somehow managed to convince Matt that the chivalrous thing to do is let me tow first and him tow on the way back. Honestly, the chivalrous thing would be for him to tow the whole way, but I am all for women's lib, so I guess I have to pull my weight (or, more accurately, Lily's weight) when it comes to family bike rides. We grilled some yummy shrimp for dinner and Matt made some awesome quinoa as a side. We have never made it before, and I think it is going to start showing up in our kitchen a lot more(the quinoa, that is - although I wouldn't mind more shrimp either). We had a couple glasses of wine and just hung out after we put Lily to bed.

Monday we went to the zoo. Matt got a little bit of a late start on Monday morning (I'm not saying it was the wine, but who knows). When he got home from the gym and was jumping in the shower, I mentioned maybe he should just take the day off since it was already shaping up to be a beautiful day. He didn't need much convincing, so he made a couple phone calls and we were off to the zoo. We only spent a couple hours at the zoo, and then did what I like to believe all parents are apt to do from time to time. We tested out just how far we could stretch Lily's good behavior. We ran a couple more errands and stopped at the mall to pick up my engagement ring/wedding band which was being re-coated. Once we realized we were on the verge of a total meltdown, we headed home and fed Lily and let her run around the house like a crazy person. Talk about a lot of energy from sitting in a stroller all day! She was a mad woman, I tell ya! We put her to bed and then continued our shrimp kick with some awesome grilled shrimp tacos.

Whilst checking my email Monday evening, I discovered an email from a friend inviting me to the zoo with them on Tuesday. The zoo, two days in a row? I am always looking for an excuse to go to the zoo, so today Lily and I went to the zoo, again! The weather was gorgeous and Lily had a great time looking at the animals and running around screaming (happily) in the underwater viewing area for the dolphins. Now, however, I have a weekends worth of chores to catch up on, so off I will go. It really was nice having a sort of four day weekend. Then again, I often forget what day of the week it is...

No comments: