Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Sweetest Thing


Lily continues to be just the sweetest thing. I think we might be able to say she is saying her first word. She will point at Matt and say "Dat-tea!" with a big smile on her face. Granted she says it more than just while addressing him, but she definitely knows he is called daddy. And I think the fact that she has been repeating it so much lately has to do with the fact that Matt has been sick and avoiding her as much as possible so not to pass along his nasty cold, and she is missing her daddy time. She is crawling all over the place and pulls up on everything. I am apparently a human jungle gym for her to climb all over. She loves to dance when she hears music and will consistently push the buttons on her music table just to hear the music. She also shakes her head no. I don't think she knows what she is doing - she certainly doesn't respond accordingly when I say know. She likes to pull Matt's glasses off his face, and he shakes his head and says "don't do it, don't do it" while laughing. She just copies everything we do, so she laughs and shakes her head. She really is just the funniest thing. While I do miss having a little baby, I totally love this stage! She is learning and exploring constantly. Today she fell into her toybox while reaching for a toy. I looked over and saw these little feet sticking out. I went to rescue her, but I don't think she realized she needed rescuing. She continued reaching for her toy.

2 comments:

Jen B. said...

This 12-18mo age is always my favorite too! It's amazing what they learn and do new each day!

Anonymous said...

Kelly - you won the Nourishing Traditions book giveaway! Just email me at donielle (at) naturallyknockedup.com w/ your shipping info and I'll get it out to you.