Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Playing

Despite the fact that I caught Matt's killer cold, we have been doing a lot of playing and taking advantage of the nice weather. On Saturday morning, after realizing the forecast called for sun and mid-50s, I decided we should go to the zoo. I called up my sis Steph and less than two hours later Matt, Lily, Steph and I were enjoying the fresh air and looking at all the animals. It was pretty crowded for a Saturday in February, but with the gorgeous weather and free admission (every Tues, Thurs, Sat and Sun in February is free admission at Brookfield Zoo...you just pay the $8 for parking), it wasn't totally unexpected. Of course I don't have any pictures, but I will post a couple if my sister sends me the ones she took. It was nice to get some fresh air and walk around after the long winter we have had. Everytime we go to the zoo Lily understands more and more. In the Tropic World section, or whatever the ape house is called, she really enjoyed watching the little monkeys and gorillas.
Monday Lily and I headed up to visit my friend Heather and her kids. We met at a mall and just walked around and let the kids play in the play area. Seriously, those things are the best invention ever. Lily had a great time, even though she kept trying to escape. I mean, seriously...all the stuff to climb on and she still thinks it is more fun to crawl towards the exit.

Today we went to the park. It was really windy and kind of muddy, but Lily seemed to enjoy herself on the swings. I think we will be taking daily trips to the park this summer when she is walking. She also had a nice stroller ride and was just talking the whole way back from the park. I am pretty sure she was telling how the past couple days have been so much fun.




No comments: