Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Sink


My darling, wonderful, awesome husband, along with his dad, installed my (okay, our) new sink last Friday. I LOVE IT! It is a full three inches deeper than my old sink and actually drains. I am no longer soaked after doing dishes. For Christmas we received money that went towards purchasing the sink, and a gift certificate that was used for the faucet. Aside from the eight hours it took to install it - there was some other minor plumbing things that were done, namely installing new shut off valves under the sink that actually work - and the money we spent on an unexpected new garbage disposal (ours wasn't even hooked up right, and was ancient), the sink was essentially a gift. It definitely gives the kitchen a face-lift. It is way lighter in color, as our old one was stainless steel (or some cheap imitation) and makes the kitchen a little brighter. Now if we could only do something about the heinous green countertops......

No comments: