Monday, October 13, 2008

A Trip to the Zoo


Last Monday Lily had her first trip to Brookfield Zoo. We went with my friend and her adorable kiddos and we had a great time. I can't even remember the last time I was at the zoo...it may have been in 6th grade when I ran in the Zoo Run Run! Since it was a Monday and the beginning of October, there was hardly anyone there. We were able to see a bunch of animals and we didn't have to fight any crowds. We brought our lunches and had a nice picnic lunch and had a really nice day. We saw a lion (sleeping),and tiger, which was roaring...way cool! Imagine hearing that in the jungle. Definitely scary! I am glad I brought my sling because, and this is a total duh that I didn't even think about, you can't bring strollers into the inside exhibits. The sling made it very easy to carry Lily around. Matt and I are definitely planning a trip to the zoo within the next week or so. We are most likely going to become members. The zoo isn't that far away, and by becoming members, we will save money and be able to go when ever we want. And since they let you bring whatever in, we can always pack a picnic lunch and it won't be a super expensive outing.


No comments: