Monday, October 13, 2008

Growing Up

Lily is growing up so fast! She is still a baby, I realize this. But lately she has just been doing so many new things. She eats cereal once a day. We did a week of rice, a week of oatmeal, and this week we are trying out barley. She eats really well and so far has liked all the cereal. I can only imagine how enthusiastically she will eat once we start foods that actually have taste. Next week I will probably start some veggies and fruits.
Lily has also started babbling...really babbling. She has been "talking" for quite a while, but now she is constantly saying "bababababa, plmph!" It is so cute to hear. She also loves to lip smack. She is so funny and knows that her funny noises will get a smile out of us. Hopefully she will only use her magical powers over us for good!
She isn't crawling yet, thankfully, but Lily is starting to push up really high when on her tummy, and has even gotten up on her hands and knees for a second or two. And when she does push up, she rocks a little bit. Not that she needs crawling as a mode of transportation. Lily rolls all over the place and she has figured out how to get herself all turned around to get facing the direction she wants.
She also has a new funny face. I haven't been able to capture a picture of it yet, but she scrunches up her nose and smiles and you can see all three of her teeth. She has her two bottom middle ones and one of her eye teeth on the top. She just smiles all the time! And laughs! She can be quite ticklish!
And finally, we have moved Lily to her convertable car seat. She was just getting way too heavy for me to carry around in the infant carrier. Not to mention she started screaming when we would put her in it. She was just too squished in it. The infant seat was nice...we now have to put her in a high chair if we go out to eat, and in the cart at the grocery store. That means we have to be more respectful of her theoretical nap times and bed time. Case in point...the other night we went out to dinner with my in-laws. It was a Saturday night at 6:30, so the resturant was busy, and also slower than normal. Lily didn't last very long in the high chair so I ended up holding a squirmy, tired baby while attempting to eat my meal with one hand. We should have known better! However she did great at the grocery store yesteday. We have one of those cart cover thingies for her with some toys hanging off it and she just had a great time looking around and playing while we shopped!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Aw, she looks so cute in her big seat. We just put MJ into her big car seat yesterday too!