As I was cleaning out my email inbox, I started reading some correspondence from when Lily was first born. It seems that more than half the emails I wrote started with "I can't believe..." Like in I can't believe she is already 2 weeks old and I can't believe how big she is getting. On that note, I thought I would share some of the other things that I can't believe from the past 4 months.
- I can't believe that I am a mother. I have a daughter. My husband and I created a perfect little person. I don't think I always or ever will truly comprehend exactly what that means.
- I can't believe it has been over four months since I have worked. I stopped working a week before Lily was born. Therefore, it has been a long time since I have had adult conversations on a regular basis with anyone besides Matt. It seems like another lifetime. I am now doing the best job I will ever have.
- I can't believe how fast babies grow. Everyone always says they grow so fast, but it really is astonishing.
- I can't believe how much and quickly babies learn. Lily is learning new things everyday, and it is amazing to sit and watch her try to figure things out and practice what she has learned.
- I can't believe how patient I can be. I have never considered myself a patient person, and those who really know me know this to be true. However, Lily can be screaming her head off, and I feel calm and collected. I am her mother and I can help her calm down. It is an amazing zen feeling. Most of the time...when I am severely sleep deprived after a rough night, I am not so patient.
- I can't believe I ever had a life before Lily was born. It is hard to remember how things were before she was born. I know I enjoyed my life before, but it is so much fuller and more meaningful now.
- I can't believe how much I love my little girl. I didn't know it was possible to love so much and everyday I love her more and more.
- And finally, I can't believe it is 11:30 at night, I have a killer sinus headache, and I am sitting here blogging instead of getting some much needed sleep!