Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Morton Arboretum



On Tuesday Lily had her first visit to the Morton Arboretum. We went with Grandma Chrissy, Great Grandma Marjorie and Aunt Anna. Despite the fact that it was 90 plus degrees and mega humid, we had a great time. We took a stroll around Meadow Lake and then visited the Children's Garden. We also went on the tram ride that takes you through the whole arboretum. Lily was a trooper and made it almost the whole hour long ride without getting fussy. I was holding her on my lap and we were both getting really warm. Also, depending on which direction we were heading, we were alternately in the sun and shade. Lily really seemed to enjoy the trees. Every day she seems to get more and more attentive. I can't wait to take her back when she is a little bigger and let her walk and run around. And I think we will definitely be back in the fall (my favorite time of year!) to get some wonderful pictures with the changing leaves.

getting ready to walk around Meadow Lake

On the tram (I know, terrible picture of me!)


Lily in front of the lilies

No comments: