Saturday, July 26, 2008

4 Months Already!!!

I can't believe my baby is four months old already! In some respects, it has been a long four months (particularly when I am up for the umpteenth time in a night!) but for the most part I can hardly believe she is no longer a newborn. She moves and "talks" and smiles and just charms everyone she meets. She is really a good baby, and I have no complaints. Well, maybe I wish she would sleep through the night...no, I definitely wish she would, but we are working on that. We went for her 4 month check up today. Here are her stats:

Weight: 16 lbs, 11 oz (she was 8 lb 14 oz at birth)
Height: 25 inches (20 at birth)
Head: 16 inches (13 3/4 at birth)

She has exceeded the weight limit for the bassinet part of the pack and play, so we have somewhat reluctantly moved her to her crib in her own room. I am actually glad that she outgrew it, because it forced us to make the move. She has only been in it for two nights, so I will let everyone know how it goes. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will help with the sleeping through the night.
She got more vaccinations today, and she is such a little trooper. She didn't even cry for the first one, let out a brief cry for the second, and then cried in earnest for the third and fourth...for about 20 seconds. She is so tough! She is acting a little ornery this afternoon, but I am sure it is just the shots. And probably lack of sleep. Last night she went down about 8 like she has been for a couple weeks with no problem, but when she got up to nurse about midnight, she was wide awake...for about two and a half hours. I swear someone must have snuck her a double expresso. And in her typical fashion, she has been fighting naps all day. We are definitely going to work on this sleep thing. I really need to get her on a better sleep pattern...thanks Jen and Michelle for the books you recommended...I am going to give them a read and hopefully turn her into a good sleeper yet! I can hardly remember what it is like to sleep for more than a couple hours at a time!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

She's just a little bigger than Maisie was/is. Maisie was 8lbs 5oz at birth and she was just under 16 lbs at her 3 month check-up! I didn't realize the pack-n-plays had such low weight restrictions on their bassinets. I'm going to have to look into that, because it is where Maisie sleeps too!