Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Untitled

You know what's tricky? Trying to blog with a laptop on your lap when you no longer really have a lap. But I am lazy and don't feel like moving to the table, so I will persevere.
I am home alone for three blissful hours. Lily is at Vacation Bible School all week. It is very, very strange. Yesterday I dropped her off and had to run to a doctors appointment, which was nice. I didn't really have time to dwell on the fact that I was leaving my baby someplace for the first time. Sure, I have left her with family, and rarely, friends. And she has been in the childcare at MOPS, the gym, Hannah Circle, but I was always in the same building. Really, I have nothing to worry about. For starters, Little Miss Independent could care less. She has never really had a problem with me leaving. And her VBS teachers are all my friends from MOPS and Hannah Circle, so it was actually like leaving her with 4 friends that know and love her. So here I sit, home alone with three hours to myself for the next four days. What to do, what to do...
I could take a shower, ALONE, for as long as I want until the hot water runs out, without someone requesting a juice box or informing me Mickey is over or that the dog is on the couch (where they sleep all day...why is this news?). I could take a nap. I am still considering this...someone was up a little earlier than I would like. I could clean, uninterrupted. But I have the rest of the week for that. Today I plan to blog, watch a DVR'd show or two, eat some chocolate chips (I AM pregnant, remember)and perhaps take a nap.

So what have we been up to the past couple days? I had one mission on Saturday. I wanted to get a new diaper bag and the Vera Bradley outlet was having a sale. 25% off...couldn't pass it up. We headed to the outlet mall. Lily actually loves the outlet mall. As does Matt. First stop is always Starbucks...for Matt! I joke with him that after years of loving myself some coffee, Matt embraced the craze just as I had to start making do with decaf. We hit VB and the place was a zoo. I was looking at the baby bags, which are way too small for me, and Lily was helping a worker stock lunch bags. I picked out the bag that looked perfect for me and as we were checking out, the worker Lily was helping came over and asked to borrow her. I waited in line and Matt and Lily went with the worker. She asked Lily which one was her favorite and GAVE IT TO HER! I walked out of the store with a bag that will be perfect for my new diaper bag, and Lily walked out with a free, $20 value lunch tote. Score!


I know the bag looks enormous. It is! BUT! I am a bag person. I always over pack. And with cloth diapers, a nursing cover, plus all the stuff for a baby and a three year old, and my stuff so I don't have to carry a purse...well, it is perfect. Not to mention will probably be toting my big camera around a bit more when I am out and about with a subject that actually sits still for a picture!

On Sunday we took Lily to see her first movie in the theater. We went and saw Winnie the Pooh. Lily loved it and Matt and I loved the watching her excitement. She particularly loved the popcorn. It was the perfect way to spend a hot afternoon. We are in the midst of a heat wave here. It is super hot and humid, even for summer in Chicago. Thank goodness for airconditioning. I am not a fan of heat anyway, and add in the preggo-ness and it makes for a not so happy mommy.

Yesterday we had a pretty busy day as well. I dropped Lily off for her first day of VBS, resisted the urge to scoop her up and take her with me, and headed to a doctor's appointment. I am 28 weeks and officially in my third trimester, which means I will see my doctor every two weeks for the next eight weeks, and then every week. My c-section is scheduled and I can't believe our new little one will be here in 11 weeks! There is so much to do and time is just flying. Buying the diaper bag is probably the first thing we have done on a list that just keeps getting longer. There are a couple major things we need to do, like put up a wall to make the baby's room and buy a crib. The crib we used for Lily was awesome, but it is a drop side and they are banned now and I am just not comfortable with a little baby sleeping in it. Since we are having another girl, I don't think I need to buy much in the way of clothing, though I am sure there will be some since Lily is a March baby and Apple Dumpling will be an October birthday...seasonally I will probably need to fill in the gaps a bit. Anyway, yesterday I had an ultrasound. She was being super shy and I didn't even get a glimpse of her face, let alone a printed picture. She is head down and 2 pounds, 12 ounces. I can't wait to meet her! After I picked Lily up from VBS, we stopped home for 2 minutes to change her into her ballet clothes and headed out to ballet. After ballet we hit up McDonald's (which I had been promising her for about a week) and quickly ate lunch. A friend stopped by to drop something off and then another friend came over so we could do a little transition on MOPS stuff. Last year I was the financial coordinator for MOPS, but with a new baby on the way, I decided doing steering this year would probably be too much. I am sad not to be doing steering this year, but a bit relieved to have one less responsibility. Not to mention extra space on my book shelves after handing off my finance stuff.
Well there you have it. My first hour home alone has passed quickly. Better get to my recorded shows and nap :)

No comments: