Thursday, January 14, 2010

Yay!

Lily went pee pee on the potty!!! I am ridiculously, absurdly, insanely proud! She, on the other hand, really isn't fazed. Not by the sticker. Nor the happy dance. Nor the shouts of glee and hugs I have been doling out since she did it. All she said was "Duck singing". Apparently she did it only to get off the pot and back to Word World which had just started in the other room. Duck was indeed singing, but I will concern myself with the fact that my child can identify the voices of cartoon characters another day. On a day when I am not so stinkin' excited.

Lest you all think I am totally delusional, I don't really think that we are anywhere near potty trained. It is a baby step in the right direction. One that started yesterday when she actually asked to sit on the potty. And sit we did, (and nothing else!) for 20 minutes and two books. Turns out she doesn't really like her little potty. What she doesn't seem to mind, however, is sitting on the potty seat on the big potty with me sitting on her little potty (with it's lid shut, it becomes a stool) at her feet. She does have my full attention then and she happily chats away.

Man, I love that little girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, congratulations :)