Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Opinionated...sigh



Gone are the days of putting anything on my darling little angel and walking out the door. Oh no siree, we are no longer going to just wear anything. I mean, I knew this day was coming, I just didn't think it would be here so soon. Lily insists on wearing pretty shoes now. Nevermind the fact that they aren't the best fit. The other day she insisted on wearing black patent leather shoes around the house that are a size too big. Yep, I have a girl on my hands. Sure, I could put her in appropriate foot wear, but sometimes it is just easier to cave to get out the door. Sad thing is, until a couple days ago, all she wanted to wear was her boots. You know, the snow boots most aptly suited for the snow and artic temperatures we are experiencing. At least I was able to pry the fairy wand out of her hand.

I am glad she has opinions. I am glad she makes choices. It is fun to let her pick out what color diaper she wants, or what she wants to wear when we are just around the house. I like giving her the opportunity to decide between grilled cheese and jelly for lunch. Clementines or applesauce. But now, well now she is rather insistent.

I believe the battles are just beginning....

I have a feeling there will be a lot of tears in this phase...

...MINE!!!!

Toodles!

No comments: