Tuesday, March 31, 2009

One Year Check Up

Today Lily had her one year check up. She is meeting all her milestones and growing and thriving just like she should be. Her stats:

Weight: 21 lbs 8 oz
Height: 29.5 inches
Head: 17.5 cm

She got four shots today, which she was not a fan of. I actually think shots are worse the older she gets, at least for mommy. Before she would just cry, but now she cries and gives me a look like why are you letting her hurt me mommy? It just breaks my heart!
One thing kind of ticked me off today. I took Lily to the doctors last week because her one eye was red and goopy and watery. Her eye ended up being fine, but the nurse put Lily on the scale fully clothed and with her shoes on. It said she weighed 22 pounds 6 ounces. Today when they weighed her, in only her diaper, like normal, she weighed almost a pound less. The doctor noted that, and asked if she had been sick. I told her no. She asked if last time they weighed her she was wearing her clothes. I told her yes, and her shoes. She said that is probably why she weighs almost a pound less a week later, but none the less, they want to keep an eye on her weight since a one pound drop in a week throws her way off the curve. Hello! We know why she weighs less. She is right on the curve if you throw out last weeks weight. It is just frustrating because they made a note in her chart to keep an eye on her weight at her 15 month check up and if she has any appointments between now and then. Grrr!

No comments: