Monday, November 3, 2008

The Baby Aisle at the Grocery Store

On Saturday evening we went grocery shopping. I know, I know...we are soo exciting. I couldn't believe how many other very exciting people there are out there - the store was packed. Anyway, while we were shopping, I decided to take a stroll down the baby aisle. Just for fun. Also to get an idea of how much baby food costs. And it occurred to me, we probably aren't like a lot of people with 7 month olds. We don't include the baby aisle in our normal grocery shopping. Since I still breast feed, we use cloth diapers and wipes, and I am making my own baby food, we don't have to buy any baby stuff in our normal grocery shopping. No diapers or wipes, formula or baby food.
Now I am absolutely not saying I don't buy baby stuff, because I certainly do. I rarely make it out of Target without something for Lily, like clothes or a new toy, or a sippy cup. But those things that I buy are wants, not needs. I don't need to go down the baby aisle for things that I need to care for Lily. It is actually pretty cool because I kinda feel like the whole baby thing is only as expensive as I want it to be. And I did make a purchase from the baby aisle...more freezer storage bags for breast milk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are very frugal! Look how much money you are saving by doing things the way you are. You really should be proud of yourself!