Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Five Years Already!!!

Sunday was our five year anniversary! Five years! Married for five years! I know, CRAZY! But then again, not so much. I don't mean to sound like a sap, but I can hardly remember my life with out Matt in it. We have been together for ten years, which is over a third of my life. Anyway, Matt had been telling me all week that he had a surprise planned, but wouldn't tell me what. I hate surprises. I still haven't forgiven my family and friends for the surprise wedding shower five years ago. Okay, I have forgiven them. But I still don't like surprises. They stress me out because I don't know what to be prepared for. I asked Matt questions all week trying to get an idea of what we would be doing. I was to dress like we were going to church, but wear shoes I could walk around in. Uh, okay. Lily was coming with, but I might want to bring a bottle of pumped milk just in case. Ok. We had to leave by about ten and would be gone until about 2. Ok. I threw out every scenario I could think of, but came up empty. So Sunday morning I got up and got myself and Lily ready. I was eating a granola bar (Kashi Pumpkin Spice Flax bar...have you had them? I am addicted...seriously...there needs to be an intervention...but I digress) and Matt stopped me and told me not to eat too much. Ok...finally...I know there will be food. The surprise turned out to be going to Cantigny for brunch. This was huge. I love going out to breakfast and Matt dislikes it intensely. When I was little my mom always told us not to say hate, hate is a strong word, to instead say dislike intensely. I digress again...The brunch buffet was awesome. Eggs Benedict (my fav!), little Belgian waffles, crab legs, and the crowning jewel...A CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN! My oh my it was heavenly! I ate a ton. And there was also smoked salmon on the buffet, which is Matt's addiction. The walking part came next. We went over to the park part of Cantigny (we were at the golf club part) and walked around and looked at all the beautiful flowers and trees. We had our wedding pictures taken there 5 years earlier! How romantic! The weather was almost exactly the same...near 80 and sunny. But I think the year we were married it may have been colder and then gotten warm again (check me Jackie...is that gramatically correct?) because five years ago the leaves had turned more. There were still some trees that hadn't started to change this year. And, much like five years ago, the Bears lost this Sunday. It was an overall great day (except those stinking Bears!) I am so lucky to have the best husband and partner in the world.

Oh yeah...the bottle part was in case Lily needed to eat while we were at breakfast. I would normally nurse her, but sometimes she fights the nursing cover and we didn't need the swanky brunch folk to catch a glimpse of my boob.

And Jackie, for those of you who don't know, is my sister. Also known as the Grammar Nazi.

No comments: