Sunday, September 14, 2008

What a Big Girl!

Lily can drink from a sippy cup! Sort of! The other day we were at Target and I decided to pick up a couple baby spoons and a sippy cup since we are going to be starting her on solids in the next couple weeks. I threw the sippy cup in the cart, and it was just within Lily's reach. She grabbed it and held on to it the rest of the way through the store. When it was time to check out, I took it away for the cashier to ring up, and she screamed! The lady quickly scanned it and gave it back and Lily was happy as could be. When we got home, I decided to see what she would do since she had been holding it in both hands like she is supposed to. I washed it and filled it with a little pumped milk and put it in her hands and she promptly brought it to her mouth and started drinking. She probably got more milk on her than in her, but she had the right idea. This morning I decided to try again with a little pumped milk, and again she drank from it. She spilled a lot less this time. I think I may give her some pumped milk in the sippy cup once a day so she can practice. It won't really be her feeding because I know she spills a lot, but she seems to like the independence!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Funny you should post this because I bought MJ her first sippy cup yesterday. It's still in the package and probably won't come out for a month, but I felt like we had reached another milestone. My baby is growing up!