Monday, July 14, 2008

An Update on Sleep


I was so excited last night when Lily went to bed so well. But I figured it was too good to be true. Right as I was about to go to bed at 10:30, she was up to eat. No big deal since I was still up. She ate really well and I was crossing my fingers that she would sleep until at least 2. She made it until 1:40. And then she was up at 4:40. And at 6, she was up and talking and talking and talking. Finally at 6:30, I decided I might as well get up because she obviously wasn't going to let me get anymore sleep. I generally am not a morning person, and she has usually been letting me sleep until about 9, but all weekend she was up this early. Matt had just gotten up with her. I am writing down when she sleeps now and hopefully I can see some sort of pattern so I can get her on a better routine. I kinda wish I would have done that a while ago. Live and learn I guess!

PS - Picture is not from last night, just a cute picture of her sleeping. And no, I don't put her to sleep on her belly. She had been in bed with me and when I got up she shifted and rolled onto her belly!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

If you can get "The No-Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley at your library it's worth the read!

My daughter is awake usually around 1 and 3 and then 6am for the day!!!! Can you say exhausted???? Especially since she doesn't fall asleep until tenish usually. I really have to get on top of the whole sleep situation. I know what I need to do -now I just need to do it!